Anniversary of Lithuanian University of Agriculture (LŽŪU)
University‘s (before 1994 m. – Academy‘s) origins go back to
3rd September 1924 when Lithuanian Agricultural Academy was established
in Dotnuva. After the experienced growth of Lithuanian state
in the interwar years and the Nazi Germany's occupation, in 1945
Academy moved to Kaunas. In 1946 new faculties were founded at
the Academy – Agricultural Engineering and Water and Land Management,
and in 1949 –Faculty of Economics and Management.
Growing number of students facilitated building the new Academy’s
campus in Noreikiškės, where the Academy was settled in 1964.
In 1996 Academy was renamed to University which now comprise
5 educational buildings, experimental station, training farm,
and student campus. Apart undergraduate studies University
maintain master and doctoral studies. University confers pedagogical
degrees of professor and associated professor.
Academic community has contributed to the implementation
of Lithuanian nation's independence aspirations. LŽŪU is continuing
and put efforts to the integration into European and global
research and study space.